April 22, 2013
Congratulations Colorado: SB13-215 passed the Senate
Help support the work that remains!!!
We are thrilled that “The Colorado Natural Health Consumer Protection Act”, SB13-215, passed the CO Senate on April 17! This exciting news is a great step for health freedom but CO needs your help NOW to keep the bill moving. Come to the Colorado Capitol for a hearing on SB13- 215 this Thursday, April 25, at 1:30 pm to show your support and appreciation for the natural health care services you receive from unlicensed natural health care providers in Colorado! The bill will be heard by the House Health, Insurance & Environment Committee in House Conference Room 107. Click here to Take Action by sending a message of support to your personal representatives in the CO House.
How YOU can Help before and at the Hearing:
- Attend the Hearing on Thursday, April 25 ! Come to HCR107 and plan to spend the afternoon showing your support for SB13-215. The hearing begins at 1:30pm. A physical presence is a meaningful way to show legislators the sincerity behind the support and need for a health freedom law in Colorado. Also, if you want to provide public testimony and contribute to the hearing in an even more powerful way, we’re here to help you prepare and can put you in touch with other health freedom advocates who also plan to attend!
- Click Here to Take Action to Support SB13-215 by entering your zip code and s ending an automatic message of support to your personal legislators to spread the word about health freedom prior to the hearing! You can do this in addition to step 1, above, and step 3, below.
- Call, e-mail, write or fax Colorado State legislators to tell them to vote YES on SB13-215. Be sure to contact each member of the House committee that will hear the bill! Use the contact information at the end of this e-mail and simply use language from this one-page Action Letter if you can’t think of what to say. The few minutes you’ll spend doing this will go a long way at the capitol – we promise!
- Keep in touch with NHFA. We’re here to help you pass SB13-215 so you can protect your access to unlicensed natural health care providers in Colorado! Tell us how we can be of further assistance to you.
What the Bill Does:
S.B.13 -215, the “Colorado Natural Health Consumer Protection Act”, would protect access to thousands of traditional, complementary and alternative health care practitioners providing great services to health seekers in Colorado. The new proposed law (various versions already passed in eight other states) would provide an exemption from state occupational registration requirements for those non-invasive complementary and alternative health care practitioners who (1) avoid a specific list of prohibited conduct, such as puncturing the skin or administering prescription drugs or telling people to go off their treatments recommended by their licensed health care professional, and (2) give out the disclosure information listed in the bill, such as contact information, education and training, and the nature of the services to be rendered. Click here to Read S.B.13-215.
1. In addition to putting in your zip code and sending your message to your own legislator please contact the Colorado House Health, Insurance & Environment Committee Members. Call the phone numbers listed below to leave a message with each member of the Committee. E-mail, fax or mail the attached action letter, or your own letter, to the committee members. Call from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays through Fridays and from 8 a.m. to adjournment on Saturdays.
The message : “I support S.B. 215 – it protects our freedom to access complementary and alternative health care practitioners in Coloradoand supports consumer options in natural health care.” “Please vote YES on S.B. 215, the safe harbor health freedom bill.”
2. Write letters: You can sign the one-page Action Letter (Action Letter Download), or your own letter, and send by e-mail, fax, or regular mail to the members of the House Health, Insurance & Environment Committee and your personal Assembly Representatives. Also, please forward this email to your friends and family to have them take action too. Telephone calls, emails or letters are extremely important at this time!
3. Tips for When Contacting your Personal and other Assembly Representatives:
If you write or e-mail , begin your communication with Dear Legislator ____________: Include the bill number, for example: RE: Please Support S.B.13-215.
Please take the time to write a personal note on your letter as this will have a greater impact with the legislators. Tell them about your rights as a consumer in Colorado to a free and educated choice in health care providers. Also tell them that you depend on alternative and complementary care for you and your family.
THANK YOU for your commitment to Health Freedom! If you have questions, contact us at email@example.com.
Members of the House Health, Insurance & Environment Committee: