1. DSHEA’s purpose is to protect consumer access to dietary supplements which include vitamins, minerals, herbs, botanicals, amino acids and other substances and combinations listed in the Act.
2. DHSEA does this by making sure that dietary supplements in the United States are treated as “FOODS” as opposed to “DRUGS” whenever possible when it comes to making federal laws and regulations about dietary supplements.>
3. Dietary Supplements are regulated under many federal and state laws for purity and truth in labeling requirements including laws about what health claims can be made.
4. Unlike many countries, DSHEA places NO UPPER LIMITS on the amount of a vitamin and mineral that can be put in a capsule of a dietary supplement that is generally regarded as safe.
5. DSHEA is a foundational cornerstones of health freedom in our country.
6. DSHEA is constantly under attack and requires vigilance on the part of health freedom advocates.